Regretfully my partner considers potato a vegetable. When we take turns cooking he will cook some meat and then it will either be some type of potato like french fries or some type of pasta side dish. When I ask where's the vegetable he will insist potato counts as a vegetable. What about broccoli are they really just little trees? My daughter as a small child had a unique way of looking at things and declared broccoli are little trees. That however did not make her want to eat them and she actually had a knack for flinging her vegetables and the wall by her high chair looked like a smudge of whatever she didn't like to eat. Needless to say there was alot of wall scrubbing. I think frozen peas have somehow been appointed as what you put on an injury to help decrease the swelling.Those little baby carrots they now have in the supermarket are very convenient either to cook or just eat raw and bring with your lunch to work.Sometimes we get in a rut and I will try to combine a vegetable mixture/medley but that is not met with much enthusiasm. I like to steam carrots and fresh green beans together.My husband will eat this begrudgingly but you know he doesn't like it.Forget about spinach unless it is hidden in the greens of a salad. He will eat a salad but not more that two days in a row. Really who wants to eat a salad that is more than a day or two old.I like corn on the cob and never realized I did not eat it "correctly". Apparently there is some rule that you are supposed to go in a straight horizontal line. One of my grown daughters prefers to just take random bites every which way on the cob. My preferred pattern is to rotate the corn vertically.Most of my family will tolerate eating asparagus but they will only eat a few inches down from the head and leave the rest of the stalk. I am not a big fan of brussel sprouts and neither was Beaver Cleaver. He was at a fancy restaurant with Ward and June and refused to eat his brussel sprouts and it caused a big scene. There are some people who like exotic vegetables and have extended lists of choices. I don't really consider eggplant exotic but it's not a vegetable that most of us eat that often. I imagine there are people who do not care for the taste of zucchini but will eat zucchini bread.That does not include my husband. At least he will eat acorn squash besides on Thanksgiving. There is so much information out there about the benefits of healthy eating but I bet there are quite a few people who have a very limited repertoire of choices.So eat potatoes and count that as a vegetable. I'm sure the vegetable police won't hunt you down too soon.
5 comments:
Yes, she does eat her corn on the cob like a total freak. My husband eats his corn on the cob in random bites too and it is WEIRD.
This is hilarious! I'm not a freak I just don't feel like eating something in neat little rows!
I'm not a freak! I just refuse to conform! :)
I'm not a freak! I just prefer to not conform to what you call the "normal" way of eating corn.
I'm not a freak! I just prefer to eat it randomly! I get bored!
Post a Comment