Saturday, October 18, 2008

Riding With The Top Down

I love the sensation of the breeze on my skin and if I could shut my eyes I would imagine laying on a warm sunny beach with the sun 's rays gently warming me.The sense of unhindered freedom and delight.No one knows my secret as I drive by in the imaginative folds of my mind.Could it be that I have discovered a less visited place where reality is what I choose to make it. The images called forth can be what ever fantasy I wish. I am the only passenger on this ride unless I choose to invite a companion who can participate with no regard.The tires ground me to the road or I might fly away arching my back as I soar without abandon. I forget where I am yet I do not crash. I forget who I am and someone catches me before I might fall. It doesn't really matter because where I am there are no rules of gravity only motion.The miles go by and eventually I must find my destination.It is always different but oh so exciting.Could it be that I find myself back where the ride started. I know I have been somewhere because I am out of breath and my energy spent. The fuel gauge is stuck so it's hard to tell. Let me know when you want to ride with me again.

1 comment:

Sandie said...

I really loved reading this! Very nice writing!