Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's an honor


My thanks go out to Michael R. author of the blog; If you're going through Hell, keep going, for the recent blog award. In order to accept this award you are expected to pick 5 other blogs whom you deem as worthy of recognition. Then you need to post ten honest things about yourself on your blog, and cite a quotation. If you receive this award please copy and paste the image and incorporate it somewhere in your blog.

My plaudits for the blogs that I consider original, thought provoking, and genuine:

1.underOvr : Any way I have to. A very gentle soul. Secret agent of the Borg.
2.Neen: Mind Triage. Healing her grief.
3. Madame DeFarge: bateau de banane. Impressive vocabulary, humorous .
4. Studebaker: My turn to talk. Good writing and blogging tips.
5. Miles Per Hour: The Busy Mind of a Quiet Man. Deep insight, deep thoughts, a positive role model for recovery. (He's a ditto award winner from AV Nether Region of the Earth,also an awesome blog.)


My Ten Truths:

One: I think I was somewhat of a " late bloomer " in life because I really didn't have a clue about life until around age 28 when I had my first child. I knew then that I better straighten up and start acting like an adult. As a kid I was pretty out of it and didn't care about anything or anyone but myself.
Two: I often mask my insecurities with a sense of bravado and as a result not too many people know the real me except maybe my close family members. Writing this blog has helped me be more genuine.
Three: I do not fear death but I worry about dieing. I struggle with how much of our lives is free will vs. how much is predestined.
Four: I think people tend to make their own misery and need to look at the choices they make and the possible consequences.
Five: I am a secret Star Trek Nerd but have never attended any of their conventions because it's just too weird for me.
Six: I have only one brother and I stopped talking to him several years ago because I was furious at the uncaring way he conducted himself while our mother was dieing. I never thought of my mother as a burden but received no help or support from him. It has been difficult as a result to maintain a relationship with my three nephews and a niece. However , my one godson still manages to keep in touch. I know he wishes I would relent especially since my brother probably won't be around forever but the hurt is too deep.
Seven: I secretly watch E News and follow all the gossip involving celebrities as a form of mindless entertainment because I have to be very serious and reflective all day at my job. It gives me a mindless outlet.
Eight: I feel extremely lucky to have made a good marriage with a husband whom I adore. He has taught me the real meaning of love.
Nine: I have a thing for Cheez-Its.
Ten: Prior to starting my Blog this past June 08 I was a techno illiterate and did not know or care much about computers. I realized the world might pass me by so I decided it was time to catch up with the rest of the world. I also taught myself how to text so that I could communicate with my daughters . They are very amused now over the fact that I have two blogs.

Wow, so that was me being genuine.....


One of my favorite quotes:

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

RJ said...

Toasting you with a cheez-it! Thank you, really, I feel very touched. I'll claim it and do my 5/10 and quote tomorrow! WOW! I love an award you can accept in your pajamas with a chocolate zinger in your hand!

Madame DeFarge said...

Rightly deserved too, if I may say so, gaf85. You have interesting and intelligent posts. I look forward to many more of them.

And can I also say thanks a bunch for awarding it to me too. I am genuinely touched by the fact that people read what I write and find it entertaining. Now I just need to be honest in big words!

RJ said...

Last night before sleeping I thought about you. I wanted to come here and thank YOU for sharing your truths with us. As with most things I didn't realize how difficult it would be to do this until I sat down to do it myself.