Life is busy for alot of us. It is sometimes necessary to multi-task in order to accomplish things.... I find myself doing this quite a bit and began to notice I was jumping from one task to another and may have looked like ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) women. Actually sometimes when I'm pecking away at this here keyboard I can be dividing my attention, talking on the phone and then stroll past the TV set. I find myself washing dishes and cooking dinner at the same time and also unloading the dishwasher while there is a laundry going in the washing machine.
Today I was browning meatballs for spaghetti sauce while combining ingredients to make Toll House Cookies. Am I a maniac or maybe ADD woman? I have noticed that when I'm on my way across the kitchen to obtain something out of the pantry I forget by the time I arrive there what it was I was looking for. Then I'll pick up the laundry basket and take it upstairs and while there start another project like changing the sheets on the bed. One of the problems with this is my husband will follow me around the house shutting off lights as I flitter about.
When I am at work I can talk on the telephone and do paperwork at the same time. I actually like to gaze out my office window at this rather scenic field and sometimes this will let me slow things down a little but then I have to find my place again. I do not do paperwork while in meetings however I have colleagues that do and I grow annoyed because they can't possibly be listening. (Maybe there will be a quiz afterwards.)
When I'm a passenger in a car for a long ride I will pull out my nail file and start filing my nails and if I get bored I'll read a book or start to reorganize my pocketbook. Maybe I could clean out the inside of the car while I'm at it. No not really.
In the morning I will make my breakfast and lunch for the day simultaneously while drinking a cup of tea and watching the Today Show. Then it's time to perform a recognisance mission to gather all my stuff to put in my tote bag, making sure I have my cell phone as I blow out the door. Of course I make sure all the lights are shut off because I don't want to get the ol' eye role from the light police.
I really don't think I'm ADD women. I think I just like to
Autumn Time In Quincy
6 years ago
1 comment:
Ah, but do you finish your tasks? As long as you do that, you're a successful multi-tasker. The problem is all in the phasing. Getting your spaghetti sauce mixed up with your cookies would not be a good thing.
My husband becomes distracted by more interesting tasks, usually when I ask him to empty the dishwasher or get the washing from the machine. I can multi-task: I can be annoyed at him and love him simultaneously.
Post a Comment