Well, daylight savings time has come and gone and where does the time go, Really.
All I know is that is is dark now when I have to drag my ass out of bed and get ready for the work day.
I think it was intended to help farmers extend their workday performing agricultural tasks or something like that.
Time is considered precious. There are people who pay for their time whether they are billed by the lawyer's office, or inserting a quarter in the parking meter. My time at work often involves one hour increments of attention to people sharing their problems with me. It makes me very conscious of my time. I purposely take my watch off on weekends and try to avoid the structure of time if at all possible.
Time flys when when you are raising your children. Before you know it they are all grown up. If you are lucky you have fond memories of their milestones and accomplishments.You are able to have a different type of relationship with them once they are adults but sometimes wish they were still little and you felt needed.
If there was such a thing as a time machine I wonder if many people would want to go back in the past and try to fix their mistakes or travel in the future and peek at how things turn out. I think the less we can predict the future unravels the belief of predestination.
Why is it we are all so busy that we forget to take the time to just have a quiet or meaningful conversation or share a funny story? Just slow down and take the time to listen to other people telling us their story, whatever it is. I am guilty of exiting too fast sometimes on people and wanting to tell them to hurry up and finish what they are saying so I can go back to what I thought was important. Is it really that important that I resume my purpose? I am beginning to realize that taking the time to listen and just be with people and their interaction is really what should be valued.
Autumn Time In Quincy
6 years ago
3 comments:
I seem to have so little time to myself these days, what with work and studying. I'd love some more, but it somehow seems selfish to want time on my own when I see so little of M. DeFarge.
Hmm, a thought-provoking entry...
I walk around and do everything like the world's going to end tomorrow because I know that it all goes towards one purpose in the end - a comfortable living when I'm no longer working, or when I'm boss. In the future, all I ever want to do is lay on a beautiful beach in Cebu, Hawaii or Bermuda, reading books, drinking a piƱa colada, enjoying life.
Right now, I can't do that, I was born in Hong Kong and not a coastal settlement in the Philippines. My life as I've ever known it has been to make the most out of our time, and relaxing was never an option.
Like Madame DeFarge, I'd love more time, but there are my responsibilities and obligations that beckon.
In the end, though, I will treat myself to the good life. I guess the most important thing is to never forget your most important obligation is pursuing your own happiness. As long as everything you do goes towards your target, then everything in the busy mean time is worth it.
Michael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."
Madame, I believe taking time for yourself is important and not selfish. Husbands are a different matter though, I truly enjoy spending time with Mr.gaf even after 32 years of marriage.
Michael, It does seem at "times" they we all lack enough of it. I also think depending on your age there is a different perspective about time.
You seem to have some important goals to achieve ahead of you. I wish you a long life and happiness.
Post a Comment