One of the activities I enjoy while traveling involves my hobby of people watching. Observing people is something I have always secretly engaged in and enjoy.
While at an airport I was scanning the scene looking for something interesting to watch and I began to notice this cluster of people around an electronic recharging station. They were all plugged in to various devices as if there was some type of sci-fi thing going on, with glazed expressions on their faces waiting to get"juiced". They were young and old. The younger ones actually playing on their video games were tuned out of their environment.
I watched a family not interact at all with each other because they were all focused on their various hand held devices. Adults were hunched over their laptops displaying intense expressions.
I turned to my husband and pointed out what I was observing and he agreed it was all too common. We played footsie with each other to while away the time eating our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Autumn Time In Quincy
6 years ago
4 comments:
I just looked in the mirror to see if I have an intense expression.
Michael.
Do you hate it too?
"If you're going through Hell, keep going."
Holy Holism!
I listen to an iPod, but I try not to be rude about it. Drives me nuts how people walk around oblivious to everything but their iPod. I think it's yet one more decline in civilization.
So Michael, that must mean you are a "pod person"?
Hood Chick, Yes, people seem to tune out the world when listening to their tunes. They miss what is truly going on sometimes.
Maybe they were charging themselves up too?
Post a Comment