Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Changes

Why is change so difficult for some people? I believe change can sometimes be a good thing but not necessarily for the sake of change itself. People get in their familiar routines and develop a sense of comfort and predictability. They may not even know they are stuck in orbit. Unfortunately it may take a crisis to shake things up and consider looking at things in a different way or a change in perspective.
I try not to allow myself to get too stuck in the same groove. I know this has occurred when I start to feel bored and restless. I think this may have effected my creativity when I was writing for my blog. I still ferment ideas but they never quite rise to the top of my consciousness. It must be a powerful block and I will just have to figure out a way around it.
I've changed. We have all changed.

1 comment:

slim said...

Your posts are so honest and thought provoking -- thank you for sharing. thank you also for stopping by Quincy Daily Photo and leaving a comment. I am so glad you stopped by my little bit of paradise in Quincy - Blacks Creek. Who knows you might have seen me and my dog Daisy there. We go there almost every day.

I am going through some changes this fall as I ease into retirement. It's all been good so far but it's only been a few weeks. We'll see.

Take care and stop by QDP any time. Have you read about the revitalization plans for Quincy Center?