Thursday, March 12, 2009

Six Pack

Tag you're it. Madame DeFarge aka Bateau de Banane has given me the honor of recognizing my humble blog as "tagged". Providing a list of 6 other blogs to recognize has now become an incestuous nightmare! When we follow each other's blogs an informal subgroup forms and you begin to see some of the same bloggers following the same blogs. Actually that is how I often have treasure hunted for interesting blogs. I'm sure others probably engage in that same activity. I guess it is a way to also build a following but that has not been my quest. I am on my own personal journey with no passengers aboard. Nothing to weigh me down other that my own thoughts, feelings and perceptions. Anonymity makes me brave. With that being said, I have come to form a virtual "friendship" with some of my fellow bloggers, often looking forward in anticipation of what they'll come up with next being an original and creative bunch of crazy but genuine writers.

My six pack of trivia: (1) My favorite color is blue but I'm told I look really good wearing pink. (2) When I was forty years old I returned to graduate school earning a Masters Degree in Counseling while working a full time job , being a wife, and mother to two spirited daughters. I am proud of my achievements, not only my education but also how well my two daughters have turned out. (3) Sometimes I ignore people who tend to piss me off. (4) I make alot of excuses for not exercising which I should be doing right now. (5) I make really fantastic spaghetti and meatballs.

I don't want to disappoint the chain of tags here which seems to be occurring but all the bloggers whom I enjoy following and trade comments with have already been tagged.( My earlier comments of our being an incestuous bunch of bloggers). I do want to recognize my favorite writers, they probably already know who they are.........

Early on I began to follow The Busy Mind of a Quiet Man and I believe he sets the standard of how we can all learn to be better people, learning to be more accepting of others (great abs). The young blogger extraordinaire Michael of Don't You Hate it Too, who is prolific and talented in his writing and regales us with the ordinariness of life. My gal pal Madame DeFarge of Bateau de Banane whose vocabulary is beyond words. She's a living thesaurus. I have developed a special bond with underOver of Anyway I have to who shares a hatred of all things Borg. He is very earnest and genuine and enjoys sharing with us his creative writing. He always offers supportive and insightful comments.Our special blogging friend Neen of Mind Triage whose photos of nature are inspiring. I always look forward to seeing the beautiful pictures of nature and her visual perspective of the environment. Please consider yourself tagged.

The rules of being tagged include; Placing a link of the person who tagged you. (I claim ignorance and illiteracy of knowing how to do that, mea culpa). Mention or list six things or habits of no real importance.Tag six other bloggers and notify then they have been tagged. Post the rules of tag you're it.

3 comments:

Madame DeFarge said...

2 and 5 sound good. I share 4, I'm afraid.

Yes, the tagging is very incestuous, but I like the idea of being in a virtual group or groups of like-minded people, whom I will never meet, but yet entertain and provoke me far more than I thought possible. Like you, I look forward to posts from a wide range of people.

Thanks and look forward to your next posts too.

Michael said...

I could do with some spaghetti and meatballs. My stomach is grumbling.

Michael.

RJ said...

I'm stuck on the meatballs. I made my first the other day. Big, heavy lumps with way too much onion and no flavor...*LOL* Recipe and meatball making tips?

Thank you Gaf!